Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sewing project: Vintage poncho


It's been quite a long time since I've sewn a piece of clothing for myself! The last time was in 2010 when I made my own wedding dress. I was visiting with my Mom yesterday, and she gave me this vintage pattern for a reversible rain poncho!


We think this pattern is from the 70's, and at the time was only $1.25 (I wish patterns were still this price lol). My Mom did make this poncho a few years ago, and it turned out really HUGE. This one only comes in one size, so I think I will try to alter the pattern a bit for a smaller size.

Even though we do get a lot of rain here, I think I will make this poncho out of some nice wool suiting fabric - it will make a nice addition to my fall wardrobe. I will post some updates when I make some progress!

Also, Heather has featured Leonem in her Etsy Finds this week! Check it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment