Sunday, July 8, 2012

Promoting your shop outside of Etsy



Hooray! My shop has officially been open for 1 week! I can say that I have learned a lot this week about how to improve my shop and gain exposure. Promoting is still an area that I need to explore, but I think I have made progress.

If you're looking for a huuuge list of places to promote, let me direct you to this incredibly helpful thread: http://www.etsy.com/teams/5002/etsy-success/discuss/10278604/

I have found out about so many different websites this week, it makes my head spin (but in a good way). These are just a few of the places I am at:
  • Facebook - Such a great way to let friends/family know about your shop! Still working on getting more likes!
  •  Twitter - I really need to get better about tweeting!
  • Wanelo - Now, this is something I had heard of but never tried...turns out it's really fun. You can submit your listings for others to 'save'. The more saves you have, the better your chances of showing on their trending page!
  • Reddit - Etsy - My husband is obsessed with Reddit, but I had no idea there was an Etsy page there! You can submit listings, treasuries, and more for others to vote up and view!
  • Squidoo - Create a "lens" for your shop! Squidoo places ads on your lens page, and I believe you get paid if someone clicks them. Still exploring this one.
  • Stumbleupon - This is another fun site! You can add your listing pages and shop to Stumbleupon, and pick tags/categories that match. Your page will be 'stumbled' to others that follow those categories! I've had a number of views from this site!
Be sure to let me know if there are any others I should know about! Also, if you use any of those sites already, please follow me! :)

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Good luck on your etsy shop adventure! I think having a blog is a great way to promote your shop so you're definitely on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so helpful thanks for sharing the thread and these sites! I found you on etsy's blogging buddies team and am now a follower! If you like original art, please consider following my blog too: www.kerikeeneart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to check out some of these sites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very useful information and thank you for the descriptions of the different websites. I had no idea what Stumpleupon was about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this helpful post! I just opened my Etsy shop, too, and will definitely check out some of the sites you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your one weekiversary!

    As far as promoting, I love wanelo.com! I'll have to try Stumbleupon again, I tried before but found it really confusing.

    ReplyDelete