Hooray! My shop has officially been open for 1 week! I can say that I have learned a lot this week about how to improve my shop and gain exposure. Promoting is still an area that I need to explore, but I think I have made progress.
If you're looking for a huuuge list of places to promote, let me direct you to this incredibly helpful thread: http://www.etsy.com/teams/5002/etsy-success/discuss/10278604/
I have found out about so many different websites this week, it makes my head spin (but in a good way). These are just a few of the places I am at:
- Facebook - Such a great way to let friends/family know about your shop! Still working on getting more likes!
- Twitter - I really need to get better about tweeting!
- Wanelo - Now, this is something I had heard of but never tried...turns out it's really fun. You can submit your listings for others to 'save'. The more saves you have, the better your chances of showing on their trending page!
- Reddit - Etsy - My husband is obsessed with Reddit, but I had no idea there was an Etsy page there! You can submit listings, treasuries, and more for others to vote up and view!
- Squidoo - Create a "lens" for your shop! Squidoo places ads on your lens page, and I believe you get paid if someone clicks them. Still exploring this one.
- Stumbleupon - This is another fun site! You can add your listing pages and shop to Stumbleupon, and pick tags/categories that match. Your page will be 'stumbled' to others that follow those categories! I've had a number of views from this site!